Open Garden, a mobile software startup in San Francisco is looking to fill positions able to make substantial contributions to the development of our core technology.
We are working on a peer-to-peer overlay wireless mesh network that provides Internet access. Open Garden is agnostic with respect to the underlying data link technology and can currently use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Direct.
Are you interested in peer-to-peer networking and what it brings for mobile? Let's talk.
We are very small, yet have significant traction with well over a million installs, extensive press coverage, industry deals, etc.
* Minimum 5 years of experience with network programming in C
* Minimum BA in CS or another technical field
* Demonstrated ability to write complex network code: e.g., a high-performance event loop
* Experience in implementing a protocol specification, e.g., an RFC
* Experience with startup environment
* Contributing or leading protocol development, e.g., co-authorship or lead authorship of IETF drafts or another form of specification
* Experience with peer-to-peer systems
* Experience with mobile development
* Being based in or near San Francisco
* Contributions to open-source projects
* Knowledge of Objective C, Java, or Ruby
You will be working on our flagship Android app, help support our previous Android app for tethering, and, if there is interest, expand into other platforms.Qualifications
This is not an entry-level position and we need to see examples of Android apps you have developed.
Principals only. To confirm you are an actual candidate rather than a recruiter, you can solve this puzzle. While not a requirement, we will give priority consideration to candidates supplying a solution.
Puzzle The 2010 Census puts populations of 26 largest US metro areas at
18897109, 12828837, 9461105, 6371773, 5965343, 5946800, 5582170, 5564635, 5268860, 4552402, 4335391, 4296250, 4224851, 4192887, 3439809, 3279833, 3095313, 2812896, 2783243, 2710489, 2543482, 2356285, 2226009, 2149127, 2142508, and 2134411.
Can you find a subset of these areas where a total of exactly 100,000,000 people live, assuming the census estimates are exactly right? Provide the answer and code or reasoning used.
The project has also non profit goal to advocate Net Neutrality, so a taste for helping to preserve these principles is appreciated.
Read what others have to say about Open Garden: